Life on The Rowland Ranch

"What's life like for Jane Rowland," you ask? Well, here you go...a small glimpse into the wonderful reality I live in. Enjoy!

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Best Birthday Gift.


A decade ago I received the best gift a Mommy could ever get on her birthday! At 7:27 pm, on my 23rd birthday, our firstborn daughter, Rebecca Joy Rowland was born. I'll never forget the day, or the joy that filled my heart as I held this precious gift. 10 years goes by way too fast. Last night, as I was snuggling with our Becca, I told her, once again.. "Becca, you have to stop growing up!". She obediently replied, with a smile, "Ok, Mamma." Our Becca is so responible, so smart, such a faithful daughter. Psalm 144:12 says "Our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace." That's what our Becca is. A pillar. Strong, reliable, trustworthy, stable.

We love you so much Becca. You are a true gift.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 15, 07:14:00 PM , Blogger Mark said...

    When Claire was a baby, a guy told me one day when she was grown we'd be best friends. We're proving him wrong, aren't we? We're our firstborn daughters' best friends from now till forever! Keep ahold of that girl and never let go!

     
  • At Sun Nov 16, 08:08:00 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

    Jane,

    We should meet up at the zoo sometime! We're going this Tuesday, since the weather's gonna be so nice.

     
  • At Tue Nov 18, 07:59:00 AM , Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

    Becca boo, we sure do love you.

    You're doing an awesome job raising my daughter-in-law, Jane :)

     
  • At Fri Nov 21, 12:11:00 PM , Blogger Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

    I didn't know you had a blog! I'm excited to see you on here :). Your heart is so sweet. I love reading through the things you wrote about each one of your kids (and Matthew bathing 4 times a day;). You're a gem Jane.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home