Life on The Rowland Ranch

"What's life like for Jane Rowland," you ask? Well, here you go...a small glimpse into the wonderful reality I live in. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Can I hab her, Mamma?"

Daniel with Naomi

Ok, as you all well know....we love babies around here!! Today, I had the joyful pleasure of having a very dear friend bring over her six week old, precious, baby girl for a visit. Of course, my children all gathered around and asked to hold her..after some major hand washing, baby Cara was finally in the arms of our Daniel. I've never seen him so willing and speedy to wash his hands.."Ok, Mom!...I'll wash them "weally" clean!" I wish you could've seen the expression on his face as he held this little one. The story does not end here...as I was snuggling with Daniel tonight, we had this conversation...

"Mamma, I want Baby Cara! Can I hab her? Please Mamma?"
"Daniel, Baby Cara is Mrs. Elissa's baby, Mrs. Elissa would miss baby Cara."
"Oh, Mamma..Mrs. Elissa will gib her to us. Weally Mamma. Please Mamma! I NEED HER MAMMA! "
"What about Naomi, Daniel? You have baby Naomi."
"Mamma, Nomie doesn't let me hobe her anymore, we can give baby Nomie to Mrs. Elissa and Baby Cara can sweep right here next to me!"

So sweet! I then explained to Daniel that we couldn't possibly make a trade with Mrs. Elissa. He finally seemed to understand and realized that he would miss "Nomie" too. :)..but he still has his heart set on having another baby.

I love that if you ask any of my kids, they all want more siblings. You'd think after having such a houseful that they'd get worn out with so many people...nope! Every one of them wants at least a few more brothers and sisters. Anna says she wants 88! Hmm...I don't know about that one. Now, I'm not dropping any hints that #7 is on the way, but if my kids had it THEIR way........

5 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 12, 05:37:00 AM , Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

    Come on #7!!!!!!!!!

    He's so sweet and I'm so sad he's not going to have a chance for fall in love with our newest little :(

    You're going to have to get him a babydoll of his own to 'sweep' next to him.

     
  • At Thu Nov 13, 03:23:00 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

    Oh Jane there will be # 7 soooooooon!!!

     
  • At Fri Nov 14, 08:05:00 AM , Blogger Mark said...

    Everybody chant, "NUMBER 7! NUMBER 7! NUMBER 7! NUMBER 7!"

    Come on, you gotta do it for Daniel!

    So glad to see you back in the blogging world. I know what's it's like to take a few months off, so no condemnation here. But so glad to see little peeks again. Love you forever, Jane!

     
  • At Fri Nov 14, 12:26:00 PM , Blogger Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

    You gals are too funny!! Thanks for being such sweet friends..so, since you're all in full support..then I suppose that means when it comes to weddings and college funds..we can send you a support raising letter? :) Ha!!

     
  • At Sat Nov 22, 09:38:00 PM , Blogger BlogChik said...

    im chanting with jody!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home