Life on The Rowland Ranch

"What's life like for Jane Rowland," you ask? Well, here you go...a small glimpse into the wonderful reality I live in. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Rowland Family In Action!


We were all sitting at our kitchen table this afternoon, having a nice Sunday lunch together....when all of a sudden our baby girl, Naomi, started choking. Wish you could've seen all of us in action..! I'll try my best to describe the scene. Matthew got her out of her seat and started smacking her on the back..meanwhile I'm calmly saying..(I mean it..really..I was calm!) "Honey, should I call 911?" She was still coughing a little bit..but barely, and taking in no breath. Matthew said, "Honey, call 911." So, I grab the phone and call. Becca jumps into action along with us.."Daddy, I have a book about this!" (she just so happened to be reading a babysitters training book last night about what do to when a child is choking) Becca heads upstairs to grab the book. In the background of a somewhat peaceful situation I hear Abby praying.."Jesus, please help Naomi to be ok, Jesus, please help her to breathe!" Meanwhile Elizabeth is calmly crying..(we needed a few tears). Anna pipes up, "What's going on?" Daniel is just observing the whole situation. As I'm talking to the 911 operator, I'm asking Matthew over and over.."Is she breathing? Is she ok, honey?" They're dispatching...and finally Matthew says.."She's ok, honey. She's ok." We cancel the dispatch. Phew! We all sit back down..each one of us with very wobbly legs..our appetites gone. Matthew and I hug and we all thank Jesus together for protecting our sweet baby girl. I was so amazed by how we all worked together! The Rowland Family Rocks! :)

10 Comments:

  • At Sun Mar 08, 03:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG!!! You made me tear up and have weak legs. Praise God for protecting Naomi. You all ROCK And are the perfect team!!!

     
  • At Sun Mar 08, 03:11:00 PM , Blogger Berylynn said...

    Jane! I love your family! Thanks for sharing your blog. I will be reading it often..I just love your family!!! Have a good week.

     
  • At Sun Mar 08, 03:44:00 PM , Blogger Cristyn Smith said...

    I'm glad my girl is okay. I can't imagine what that moment was like for you all, but so proud of all your sweet family. What an awesome team!! Have a great week friend, love you all!!

     
  • At Mon Mar 09, 04:46:00 AM , Blogger mommy4 said...

    I'm with Vicki, I'm crying!! I love my Naomi Love. Rebecca rocks, that girl is gonna make a great momma. You and Matthew set the example for your kiddos daily, and staying calm in the storm is something you learn from hands on experience. I'm so proud of you guys as a family ROWLAND'S ROCK!!

     
  • At Mon Mar 09, 09:33:00 AM , Blogger Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

    Wow. I can't imagine. I love how you all pulled together, so sweet and amazing to see God answer your prayers right then and there. I just love your family too :)!

     
  • At Mon Mar 09, 08:20:00 PM , Blogger Welcome said...

    Jane,

    I love your blog.
    It's great...just like you.

    I was inspired by your "thankful" post.
    I realize I need to show my thankfulness more to the beautiful gifts God has given me.
    It's easy to overlook...when we're in the midst of poopy diapers, spilled milk. But it's all such a blessing.

    Love to you all.
    Sharon

     
  • At Fri Mar 13, 07:45:00 AM , Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

    I love your family...
    So glad Naomi is ok, but how could she not be with all those praying siblings??

    And Becca's reading a TRAINING MANUAL??? That's my girl!

     
  • At Wed Mar 25, 09:23:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    How did I miss this post??? Sweet Naomi! Thank God she is ok. And Becca with her book--that is the most precious thing. Can she come to Sydney to babysit?

    And can I say, you guys TOTALLY rock. "honey" this and "honey" that in such a crisis moment. That shows what truly amazing people you really are.

     
  • At Sat Apr 11, 08:17:00 PM , Anonymous Sarah Wilder said...

    All I can say is "oh how I miss you, and those precious kiddos!"

    Love YOU!

     
  • At Fri May 29, 04:00:00 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Whoa, scary! I clicked over from Amy's blog. I am so glad she is okay!

    And you guys are a well-oiled machine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home