Life on The Rowland Ranch

"What's life like for Jane Rowland," you ask? Well, here you go...a small glimpse into the wonderful reality I live in. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My "Knifty Knitters"!



It's been a life long dream of mine to be able to knit. I've tried several times, and just can't seem to get the hang of it. I even tried one of those "knitting for dummies" type books..that didn't even work..oh no!..does that mean I'm even worse than a dummy..??? Yikes!

Well...guess what! I'm a knitter..a scarf knitter! And all my girls knit now too...even sweet 5 year old Anna, with a little bit of help from Mommy. :) All thanks to the "knifty knitter". $7.99 at Walmart (sorry Joshua) and a skein of "chunky yarn", figure eights on a knitting loom..walaa!! A scarf! I have yet to figure out how to make anything else, but I'm so super proud of these lovely scarves. Now I get to enter into the world of my dear friend Shipra..ok, not enter..just peek in the window...I don't imagine in my wildest dreams that I could even come close to knitting a hat with a beautiful flower on it like she can...but at the very least, now we can talk yarn together...(like we ever need more to talk about..) :) I can't even begin to describe to you the satisfaction I get as a Mommy to see my little girls sitting on the couch knitting scarves..!

Here's a picture of Becca and Abby with their very first scarves..wish I could show you my first creation, but I gave it to my lovely Mom..it matches her winter coat perfectly! Yahooooo! The Rowland Girls are knitters!!!

10 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 06, 08:48:00 PM , Blogger Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Sat Feb 07, 04:02:00 PM , Blogger Edward and Gretchen said...

    FINALLY!!! I was wondering where you were all these weeks. You were busy knitting with no time to blog. Congratulations to you and your girls. The scarves are just beautiful, and so are those girls of yours.
    Gretchen

     
  • At Sun Feb 08, 08:22:00 AM , Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

    how cool is that! Now you have to get the round knitter and make some matching hats LOADED with pom-poms :)
    Wish we were closer, this makes me just long to see you. Neil thinks their scarves match them 'perfectly'.

     
  • At Mon Feb 09, 01:45:00 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

    YEA!!! You are awesome! Nik tried to teach me knitting and it was pretty sad. We're having a re-do lesson soon.

    Your scarves look so beautiful! And I love that this is something that you can do with your girls :).

     
  • At Thu Feb 12, 11:57:00 AM , Blogger mommy4 said...

    wow! they did such a great job! they should go into business. can i put my order in now?

     
  • At Sun Feb 15, 01:46:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I didn't know I got your first scarf. Did you tell me? I'm honored. We had some cold days and I was wearing it and got lots of really nice compliments. I told some people all about your knitting machines and they were really curious. I could imagine some wheels turning in YWAMer brains - thinking about how to make some money next winter. =:o)
    Love you. Mom

     
  • At Thu Feb 19, 02:16:00 AM , Blogger Amy said...

    Well done, Jane!! One more reason to add to your "Why I'm Amazing" list. Those scarves look great--and I can't believe that Anna is knitting too!! Ava needs to up her game. ;)

     
  • At Fri Feb 27, 08:33:00 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

    Don't you just love those things? Maya and Elena are the only one with the patience for it, but (ahem) Kyle made a half dozen hats with it. He told me not to tell anyone, but then he bragged to my sister about the hat he'd made for her newborn son. ;)

     
  • At Thu Mar 12, 08:30:00 AM , Blogger Welcome said...

    THese are great Jane.
    We do it too...but haven't made scarves yet.
    Only hats.
    The girls are in a knitting group which is run by a teenager in our homeschooling group. They call themselves "the Mad Hatters". They knit hats for preemie babies and unborn babies. They are donated to the Crisis Pregnancy Center of CT and to various hospitals. I'll send you a picture of all the hats they made.

     
  • At Thu Mar 19, 10:31:00 AM , Blogger Jen Price said...

    Hey Jane! I just found your blog on your facebook page. I love reading people's blogs! So glad I found yours! I just learned to knit in December and love it! I used a book called The Basics of Knitting by Leigh Ann Berry. I loved it because it not only had detailed instructions but also photos of the process. I've been able to make hats and even a dress for my daughter! I found it on Amazon for very cheap.

    The scarves look great, by the way!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home